Dr. Hassan Ismaiel Sawalha (Manasra)
Associate professor of Chemical Engineering
Selected publications in per-reviewed journals:
- Hassan Sawalha, Sami Sahin, and Karin Schroën, Preparation of polylactide microcapsules at a high throughput with a packed-bed premix emulsification system, Journal of applied polymer science, 2016, 133, p. 43536
- Sami Sahin, Hassan Sawalha and Karin Schroën, High throughput production of double emulsions using packed bed premix emulsification, Food Research International, 2014, 66, p. 78-85
- Hassan Sawalha, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Hollow polylactide microcapsules with controlled morphology and thermal and mechanical properties. AIChE Journal, 2009. 55(11): p. 2827-2834.
- Hassan Sawalha, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Mechanical properties and porosity of polylactide for biomedical applications. Journal of applied polymer science, 2008. 107(1): p. 82-93.
- Hassan Sawalha, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Addition of oils to polylactide casting solutions as a tool to tune film morphology and mechanical properties. Polymer engineering and science, 2010, 50(3): p. 513-519.
- Hassan Sawalha, Yuxuan Fan, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Preparation of hollow polylactide microcapsules through premix membrane emulsification-Effects of nonsolvent properties. Journal of membrane science, 2008. 325(2): p. 665-671.
- Hassan Sawalha, Nanik Purwanti, Arjen Rinzema, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Polylactide microspheres prepared by premix membrane emulsification-Effects of solvent removal rate. Journal of membrane science, 2008. 310(1-2): p. 484-493.
- Yaser Issa, Hassan Sawalha, Safa Sultan, Bayan Yaghmour, Classification and evaluation of pesticides used in Palestine based on their severity on health and environment, International Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, 2017, 2 (1), p. 015-026.
- Meine Pieter van Dijk, Eldon R. Rene, Hassan Sawalha, Sameer Shadeed, Conclusions and practical recommendations from water-related research in Palestine, International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, 2017 16 (1/2/3), p. 205
- Hassan Sawalha, Maher Al-Jabari, Inaam Tamimi, Mais Shahin and Zahra Tamimi, Characterization and Treatment of Wastewater from Galvanization Industry in Palestine, International Journal of Environment and Water, 2016, 5,(3), p. 37-44
- Hassan Sawalha, Shadi Sawalha, Tahreer Yousof, Wala Abu-Saa, Hiba Al-Sheikh, Utilization of Stone cutting waste powder as a compounding filler for polyethylene, International Journal of Environment and Water, 2015, 4 (4), p. 122-131
- Mohyeddin Assali, Abdel Naser Zaid, Majd Bani-Odeh, Maryam Faroun, Riham Muzaffar, Hassan Sawalha, Preparation and Characterization of Carvedilol-Loaded Poly (D, L) Lactide Nanoparticles/Microparticles as a Sustained Release System, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, 2017, 66, p. 717-725
- Hassan Sawalha, Giel Margry, Ruud den Adel, Paul Venema, Arjen Bot, Eckhard Flöter and Erik van der Linden, The influence of the type of oil phase on the self-assembly process of γ-oryzanol + β-sitosterol tubules in organogel systems, European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, 2013, 115, p. 295–300.
- Hassan Sawalha, Paul Venema, Arjen Bot, Eckhard Flöter, Ruud den Adel and Erik van der Linden, The Phase Behavior of γ-Oryzanol and β-Sitosterol in Edible Oil, Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, 2015, 92, p. 1651– 1659
- Hassan Sawalha, Paul Venema, Arjen Bot, Eckhard Flöter and Erik van der Linden, The Influence of Concentration and Temperature on the Formation of γ-Oryzanol + β-Sitosterol Tubules in Edible Oil Organogels. Food Biophysics, 2011, 6(1): p. 20–25.
- Hassan Sawalha, Ruud den Adel, Paul Venema, Arjen Bot, Eckhard Flöter and Erik van der Linden, Organogel-emulsions with mixtures of β-sitosterol + γ-oryzanol: Influence of water activity and type of oil phase on gelling capability. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2012, 60 (13), p 3462–3470
- Arjen Bot, Ruud den Adel, Christos Regkos, Hassan Sawalha, Paul Venema and Eckhard Flöter, Structuring in β-sitosterol + γ-oryzanol-based emulsion gels during various stages of a temperature cycle, Food Hydrocolloids, 2011, 25(4): p. 639-646.
- Hassan Sawalha, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Biodegradable polymeric microcapsules: preparation and properties. Chemical engineering journal, 2011, 169 (1-3). p. 1-10.
- Ardy Kroes-Nijboer, Hassan Sawalha, Paul Venema, Arjen Bot, Flöter Eckhard, Ruud den Adel, Wim Bouwman and Erik Van der Linden, Stability of aqueous food grade fibrillar systems against pH change, Faraday Discussions, 2012, 158, p. 125 - 138.
- Arjen Bot, Elliot Paul Gilbert, Wim Bouwman, Hassan Sawalha, Ruud den Adel, Vasil Haramus, Paul Venema, Erik Van der Linden and Flöter Eckhard, Elucidation of density profile of self-assembled sitosterol + oryzanol tubules with small-angle neutron scattering, Faraday Discussions, 2012, 158, p. 223 - 238.
- Hassan Sawalha, Karin Schroën and Remko Boom, Polylactide films formed by immersion precipitation: Effects of additives, nonsolvent, and temperature. Journal of applied polymer science, 2007. 104(2): p. 959-971.