Monjed H. Samuh
Monjed H. Samuh
Dr. Samuh got his Ph.D. from the Department of Statistical Sciences at the University of Padua, Italy - under the supervision of both Professor Fortunato Pesarin and Professor Friedrich Leisch (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences - Vienna) in 2012. Before that, in 2006 he acquired his M.Sc. in Statistics from the Department of Statistics at Yarmouk University, Jordan - under the supervision of Professor Mohammad Fraiwan Al-Saleh. And his B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics at PPU - Palestine in 2002.
His research interests include Permutation Testing, Sampling Theory, and Distribution Theory.
Ph.D. Statistics 2009 – 2011
Padova University Padova-Italy
Supervisor: Prof. Fortunato Pesarin
Co-supervisor: Prof. Friedrich Leisch
Thesis: Some Advances in Permutation Testing
M.Sc. Statistics 2003 – 2005
Yarmouk University Irbid-Jordan
Supervisor: Prof. Mohammad Fraiwan Al-Saleh
Thesis: On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling with Application to Distribution and Median Estimation
B.Sc. Applied Mathematics 1998 – 2002
Palestine Polytechnic University Hebron-Palestine
Supervisor: Prof. Ibrahim Al-Masri
Seminar: Hilbert Spaces
Samuh M. H. and Pesarin F. (Sep. 2016), Applications of Power Functions of Permutation Testing, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Badrasawi M., Samuh M. H., Khallaf M., and AbuQamar M. (Accepted). Successful Aging Among Community‐Dwelling Palestinian Older Adults: Prevalence and Association with Sociodemographic Characteristics, Health and Nutritional Status, Hebron Aging Study , Indian Journal of Public Health, vol. , no. , pp. - .
- Bazyari A., Afshari M. and Samuh M. H. (Accepted), An Asymptotic Two-Sided Test in a Family of Multivariate Distribution, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, vol. , no. , pp. - .
- Samuh M. H., Omar M. H. and Hossain M. P. (Accepted), Mixed Double-Ranked Set Sampling: A More Efficient and Practical Approach, REVSTAT Statistical Journal, vol. , no. , pp. - .
- Samuh M. H., Al-Omari A. I., and Koyuncu N. (2020). Estimation of the Parameters of the New Weibull-Pareto Distribution Using Ranked Set Sampling, Rivista Statistica, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 103-123.
- Samuh M. H. and Sanusi R. A. (2020), Permutation Tests for Two-sample Location Problem Under Extreme Ranked Set Sampling, Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 387-408.
- Samuh M. H. and Qtait A. (2020), Estimating the Population Median Using Multistage Median Ranked Set Sampling, Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 23-44 .
- Samuh M. H., Omar M. H. and Hossain M. P. (2020), Practicality of Some Variations of Ranked Set Sampling, Austrian Journal of Statistics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 60-66.
- Ansari S. I., Samuh M. H. and Bazyari A. (2019). Cubic Transmuted Power Function Distribution, Gazi University Journal of Science, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1322-1337.
- Bakri M., Samuh M. H. and Azzeh M. (2019), Molecular Epidemiology Survey and Characterization of Human Influenza A Viruses Circulating among Palestinians in East Jerusalem and the West Bank in 2015, PLOS ONE,vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1-15.
- Samuh M. H. (2018), Estimation of Distribution Function under Multistage Median Ranked Set Sampling, Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 41-59.
- Bazyari A. and Samuh M. H. (2018), Two New Lifetime Distributions of X - Weibull Family: Theories and Applications, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 375-392.
- Samuh M. H. and Pesarin F. (2018), Applications of Conditional Power Function of Two-Sample Permutation Test, Computational Statistics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00180-018-0803-1.
- Samuh M. H. (2017), Ranked Set Two-Sample Permutation Test, Rivista Statistica, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 237-249.
- Amro L. and Samuh M. H. (2017), More Powerful Permutation Test Based on Multistage Ranked Set Sampling, Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 5271-5284.
- Samuh M. H. and Awal F. (2017), Which Generation Cohort is More "Open to Change": An Ordinal Logistic Regression Model Analysis, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 47-52.
- Al Khaldi S. S., Al Yahya R. A., Shahbaz R. H., Samuh M. H., Al Sayyad A. S. and Al Balawi R. M. (2016), Compliance to Supplements in Pregnant Ladies Attending Antenatal Clinics in Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2015, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 49-52.
- Samuh M. H. and Qtait A. (2015) Estimation for the Parameters of the Exponentiated Exponential Distribution Using a Median Ranked Set Sampling, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, vol. 14, no. 1, Article 19.
- Qawasmi M., Samuh M. H., Glebe D., Gerlich W. H., and Azzeh M. (2015), Age-dependent decrease of Anti-HBs titers and effect of booster doses using two different vaccines in Palestinian children vaccinated in early childhood, Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1717-1724.
- Samuh M. H., Leisch F., and Finos L. (2014), Tests for Random Agreement in Cluster Analysis, Statistica Applicata-Italian Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 219-234.
- Samuh M. H., Grilli L., Rampichini C., Salmaso L., and Lunardon N. (2012), The Use of Permutation Tests for Variance Components in Linear Mixed Models, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, vol. 41, no. (16-17), pp. 3020-3029.
- Samuh M. H. (2012), Some Advances of Permutation Testing, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Statistical Sciences, Padova University, Padova - Italy.
- Samuh M. H. and Al-Saleh M. F. (2011), The Effectiveness of Multistage Ranked Set Sampling in Stratifying the Population, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1063-1080.
- Al-Saleh M. F. and Samuh M. H. (2008), On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling for Distribution and Median Estimation, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 2066-2078.
- Samuh M. H. (2006). On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling for Data Reduction with Application to Distribution and Median Estimation. M.S. Thesis, Department of Statistics, Yarmouk University, Irbid - Jordan.
Last Updated: 20/06/2020