Dr. Samuh is an Assistant Professor of Statistics in the Department of Applied Mathematics and Physics at Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU).
Dr. Samuh got his Ph.D. from the Department of Statistical Sciences at the University of Padua, Italy - under the supervision of both Professor Fortunato Pesarin and Professor Friedrich Leisch (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences - Vienna) in 2012. Before that, in 2006 he acquired his M.Sc. in Statistics from the Department of Statistics at Yarmouk University, Jordan - under the supervision of Professor Mohammad Fraiwan Al-Saleh. And his B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from the Department of Mathematics at PPU - Palestine in 2002.
His research interests include Permutation Testing, Sampling Theory, and Distribution Theory.
Ph.D. Statistics 2009 – 2011
Padova University Padova-Italy
Supervisor: Prof. Fortunato Pesarin
Co-supervisor: Prof. Friedrich Leisch
Thesis: Some Advances in Permutation Testing
M.Sc. Statistics 2003 – 2005
Yarmouk University Irbid-Jordan
Supervisor: Prof. Mohammad Fraiwan Al-Saleh
Thesis: On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling with Application to Distribution and Median Estimation
B.Sc. Applied Mathematics 1998 – 2002
Palestine Polytechnic University Hebron-Palestine
Supervisor: Prof. Ibrahim Al-Masri
Seminar: Hilbert Spaces
Samuh M. H. and Pesarin F. (Sep. 2016), Applications of Power Functions of Permutation Testing, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
- Bazyari A. and Samuh M. H. (2018), Two New Lifetime Distributions of X - Weibull Family: Theories and Applications, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 375-392.
- Samuh M. H. and Pesarin F. (2018), Applications of Conditional Power Function of Two-Sample Permutation Test, Computational Statistics, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1847-1862.
- Samuh M. H. (2017), Ranked Set Two-Sample Permutation Test, Rivista Statistica, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 237-249.
- Amro L. and Samuh M. H. (2017), More Powerful Permutation Test Based on Multistage Ranked Set Sampling, Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 5271-5284.
- Samuh M. H. and Awal F. (2017), Which Generation Cohort is More "Open to Change": An Ordinal Logistic Regression Regression Model Analysis, International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 47-52.
- Al Khaldi S. S., Al Yahya R. A., Shahbaz R. H., Samuh M. H., Al Sayyad A. S. and Al Balawi R. M. (2016), Compliance to Supplements in Pregnant Ladies Attending Antenatal Clinics in Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 2015, IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 49-52.
- Samuh M. H. and Qtait A. (2015) Estimation for the Parameters of the Exponentiated Exponential Distribution Using a Median Ranked Set Sampling, Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, vol. 14, no. 1, Article 19.
- Qawasmi M., Samuh M. H., Glebe D., Gerlich W. H., and Azzeh M. (2015), Age-dependent decrease of Anti-HBs titers and effect of booster doses using two different vaccines in Palestinian children vaccinated in early childhood, Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1717-1724.
- Samuh M. H., Leisch F., and Finos L. (2014), Tests for Random Agreement in Cluster Analysis, Statistica Applicata-Italian Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 219-234.
- Samuh M. H., Grilli L., Rampichini C., Salmaso L., and Lunardon N. (2012), The Use of Permutation Tests for Variance Components in Linear Mixed Models, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, vol. 41, no. (16-17), pp. 3020-3029.
- Samuh M. H. (2012), Some Advances of Permutation Testing, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Statistical Sciences, Padova University, Padova - Italy.
- Samuh M. H. and Al-Saleh M. F. (2011), The Effectiveness of Multistage Ranked Set Sampling in Stratifying the Population, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1063-1080.
- Al-Saleh M. F. and Samuh M. H. (2008), On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling for Distribution and Median Estimation, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 2066-2078.
- Samuh M. H. (2006). On Multistage Ranked Set Sampling for Data Reduction with Application to Distribution and Median Estimation. M.S. Thesis, Department of Statistics, Yarmouk University, Irbid - Jordan.
Papers Presented in Conferences or Research Visits
- Practicality of Some Variations of Ranked Set Sampling. International Statistics Days Conference (ISDC 2018). Mugla Sitki Kocman University, Turkey, October 3-7, 2018.
- Permutation Tests for Two-Sample Location Problem Under Extreme Ranked Set Sampling. International Conference on Computational and Statistical Methods in Applied Sciences (COSTAS 2017). Ondokuz Mayıs University, Turkey, November 9-11, 2017.
- Mixed Double-Ranked Set Sampling: A More Efficient and Practaical Approach. International Conference on Computational and Statistical Methods in Applied Sciences (COSTAS 2017). Ondokuz Mayıs University, Turkey, November 9-11, 2017.
- Tests for Random Agreement in Cluster Analysis. Palestinian Conference on Modern Trends in Mathematics and Physics III (PCMTMP III). Palestine Polytechnic University, Palestine, July 16-18, 2012.
- Tests for Random Agreement in Cluster Analysis. The European Researchers' Night in Veneto (Venetonight 2011). Padova University, Italy, September 23, 2011.
- Permutation Tests with Ranked Set Sampling. 7th Conference on Statistical Computation and Complex Systems (SCo 2011). Padova University, Italy, September 19-21, 2011.
- Empirical Post Hoc Conditional Power Function. Palestinian Conference on Modern Trends in Mathematics and Physics II (PCMTMP II). An-Najah National University, Palestine, August 2-4, 2010.
- Conditional Power Function: Background, Planning and Use. International Symposium on Business and Industrial Statistics (ISBIS 2010). Portoroz (Portorose), Slovenia, July 5-9, 2010.
- A Review of Diagnostic Tests in Multilevel Models. Statistics for complex problems: the multivariate permutation approach and related topics in honor of the 70th birthday of Fortunato Pesarin. Padova University, Italy, June 14-15, 2010.
- The Effectiveness of Multistage Ranked Set Sampling in Stratifying the Population. Palestinian Conference on Modern Trends in Mathematics and Physics I (PCMTMP I). Birzeit University, Palestine, July 28-30, 2008.
- The 8th German Open Conference in Probability and Statistics GOCPS 2008. Aachen University, Germany, March 2008.
- The Effectiveness of Multistage Ranked Set Sampling in Stratifying the Population. 8th International Conference on Ordered Statistical Data and Its Applications OSDA 2008. Aachen University, Germany, March 2008.
- Multistage RSS as a Tool of Data Reduction for Huge Data Sets. 7th International Conference on Ordered Statistical Data and Inequalities OSDI 2007. Jordan University, Jordan, June 2007.
- The 3rd International Palestinian Conference on Mathematics and Mathematics Education IPCM. Bethlehem University, Palestine, August 2000.