1990 - 1995 Undergraduate study of computer systems engineering at Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
1995 - 1997 Network administrator at Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
1997 - 1999 Graduate study of computer science at the University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan. (DAAD Scholarship)
1999 - 2001 Lecturer at Palestine Polytechnic University.
- Image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Image Processing.
- Machine Learning.
- Artificial Intelligence
Supervisor/Cosupervisor of the following master theses
- Integrating Gene Expression Data and Genes Related Networks for Improving the Classication of Breast Cancer Disease, Ghadeer Natshah, May, 2016.
- Optimization of High Dimensional Data Visualization Using Parallel Genetic Algorithms, Azeeza Salameh, Jul, 2016
- Using Genetic Algorithms for Improving the Visualization of Proteomic Data, Samah Badawi, 2015
- Classification of error-related potentials(ErrP) in P300-Speller, Anwar Isied, Jul, 2015
- Feature Selection and Classification of Protein Data using Random Forest, Hani Qudsi, Jan 2015
- Clustering Profile Hidden Markov Models based on Profile-Profile Alignment , Ahmad Tamimi, May 2014.
- A Bioinformatics Approach to Compare Proteomes of Different Bacteria Using Self-Organizing Map Bilal Tamimi, Feb 2013.
- Using Clustering to Enhance Protein Sequence Classification Haneen Tartouri, May 2013.
- A Vision-Based Flowering Plant Detection and Recognition Ala Jabari, May 2013.
- Evolutionary-based Optimization of String Kernels for Support Vector Machine, Runa Sultan, Feb 2012.
- E-MOGA: A General Purpose Platform for Multi Objective Genetic Algorithm running on CUDA Sami Salamin, Feb 2012.
- Real-Time Gesture Recognition Using 3D Images Osama Dweik, July 2012.
- Accelerating Information Retrieval form Profile Hidden Markov Model Databases, A. Tamimi, Y. Ashhab, H. Tamimi, PLOS ONE, Nov. 2016
- Improving Classification Performance Using Genetic Programming to Evolve String Kernels, R Sultan, T Hashem, Y Ashhab The International Arab Journal of Information Technology(accepted).
- Detecting Error Related Potential (ErrP) within the context of P300-Speller across multiple human subjects, Anwar Isayed and Hashem Tamimi, Munich Neurophysiology Conference, Germany, Sept. 2015
- Using Random Forest (RF) as a transfer learning classifier for detecting Error-Related Potential (ErrP) within the context of P300-Speller, Anwar Isayed and Hashem Tamimi, Bernstein conference, Germany, 2015
- Computerized Extraction Of Morphological and Geometrical Features for Plants with Compound Leaves, H Altartouri, AM Dua'A, A Idais, H Tamimi, R Arafeh, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 81 (3), 474, 2015
- Developing a Powerful In Silico Tool for the Discovery of Novel Caspase-3 Substrates: A Preliminary Screening of the Human Proteome Muneef Ayyash, Hashem Tamimi and Yaqoub Ashhab. in BMC Bioinformatics 2012, 13:14(highly accessed)
- Markerless Localization for Blind Users using Computer Vision and Particle Swarm OptimizationHashem Tamimi and Anas Sharabat in Proceedings of EvoApplications 2010, 7.-9. April, Istanbul Turkey, LNCS, Berlin: Springer, 2010 - 9th April
- A Combination of Vision- and Vibration-based Terrain Classification. Christian Weiss, Hashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ international Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2008), Nice, France, September 22-26, 2008.
- A Hybrid Approach for Vision-based Outdoor Robot Localization Using Global and Local Image FeaturesChristian Weiss, Hashem Tamimi Andreas Masselli and Andreas Zell in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2007), San Diego, CA, USA, October 29 - November 2, 2007
- Appearance-based Robot Localization using Wavelets-PCA Hashem Tamimi,Christian Weiss and Andreas Zell in Autonome Mobile Systeme (AMS 2007), Kaiserslautern, Germany, October 18-19, 2007
- Vision-based Features for Mobile Robot Localization Hashem Tamimi, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany, 2006.
- Localization of Mobile Robots with Omnidirectional Vision using Particle Filter and Iterative SIFT Hashem Tamimi, Henrik Andreasson, Andre Treptow, Tom Duckett and Andreas Zell. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Volume 54, Issue 9 , 30 September 2006, Pages 758-765.Selected papers from the 2nd European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR05)
- Retrieving Objects using Local Integral Invariants Alaa Halawani, Hashem Tamimi. in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR 2006), Tempe, Arizona, USA, July 13-15, 2006.
- Using Local Integral Invariants for Object Recognition in Complex Scenes Alaa Halawani,Hashem Tamimi, Hans Burkhardt, Andreas Zell, Accepted at the International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition (ICIAR 2006), Portugal, September 18-20, 2006
- Appearance-based Localization of Mobile Robots using Local Integral Invariants, Hashem Tamimi, Alaa Halawani, Hans Burkhardt, Andreas Zell, accepted at the 9th International Conference on Intelligent Autonomous Systems (IAS-9), Tokyo, Japan, pp. 181-188, March 7 - 9, 2006. Paper
- Using Descriptive Image Features for Global Localization of Mobile Robotst. Hashem Tamimi, Alaa Halawani, Hans Burkhardt, Andreas Zell, Proceedings of the 19th Autonomous Mobile Systems (AMS), Stuttgart, Germany, December 8-9, 2005. Paper
- Using Scale Space Image Histograms for global Localization of Mobile Robots, Hashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell, accepted at the 36th International Symposium Robotics (ISR 2005), Tokyo, Japan.Paper
- Global Robot localization using Iterative Scale Invariant Feature TransformHashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell, accepted at the 36th International Symposium Robotics (ISR 2005), Tokyo, Japan. Paper
- Localization of Mobile Robots with Omnidirectional Vision using Particle Filter and Iterative SIFT Hashem Tamimi, Henrik Andreasson, Andre Treptow, Tom Duckett and Andreas Zell accepted at the 2005 European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR05), Ancona, Italy. September 7-10, 2005 Paper
- Robot Navigation Using Biosonar for Natural Landmark Tracking Maosen Wang, Hashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell accepted at the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA 2005), Espoo, Finland.
- Vision based Localization of Mobile Robots using Kernel approaches Hashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2004), Sendai, Japan, September 28 - October 2, 2004. Paper
- Vision-based Global Localization of a Mobile Robot using Wavelet Features Hashem Tamimi and Andreas Zell Proceedings of the 18th Autonomous Mobile Systems (AMS), Karlsruhe, 4./5. December 2003, pp. 32-41
Palestine Polytechnic University,
College of Information Technology and Computer Engineering,
Postal Address: P.O. Box 198,
Ein Sara Street, Hebron, Palestine.
Phone: (+472/0) 2-222-8912