Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Grants & Awards
- 2020. First Prize for the Best Applied Research from Palestine Islamic Bank ($2000).
- 2019-2021. Research grant received from the FAO ($10,000). Developing diagnostic kits for aflatoxin. Role: (Director).
- 2019. First Prize received from the “Palestine Higher Council for Innovation and Excellence” for Best Applied Health related research in Palestine (PI).
- 2019-2022. Funds received from Global Ties-USA ($250,000). This fund supports a project entitled: DM in the Agri-food Industries. Role: (Shared with Mr. Amjad Al-Natsheh (Director)).
- 2017. First Prize for the Best Research Group from Palestine Islamic Bank ($4000) (PI).
- Zuhair Hijjawi Award for best student graduation projects (received 3 years for my students from 2016, 2017, 2018).
- Student Innovation prizes for my students (6 prizes won from 2013-2018)
- 2013-2016. Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) ($250,000) from the World Bank. This fund supports a project entitled: Increasing student employability and entrepreneurial skills through a modified problem-based learning model derived from the real life needs of the labor market. Role: (PI & Director).
- 2013-2016. Funds from the Ministry of Agriculture ($78,000). This fund supports a project entitled: Production of antibodies for disease diagnosis. Role: (PI & Director).
- 2013-2015. Palestine Universities Funds-Arab League ($21,000). This fund supports a project entitled: Towards the Development of the First Palestinian Biotechnology Platform for Producing Diagnostics Antibodies for Plant and Animal viruses” Role: (PI & Director).
- 2010-2011. IIRG grant-Palestine Polytechnic University (JD 6,000). This is supporting a project entitled: Towards the establishment of an automated protein purification system at Palestine Polytechnic University Role: (PI & Director).
- 2009-2010. IIRG grant-Palestine Polytechnic University (JD 5,000). This is supporting a project entitled: Cloning and expression of a bacteriophage T4DNA ligase for research and training purposes at Palestine Polytechnic University. Role: (PI & Director).