- 2008- PH.D in the field of Regional Economics, Department of Bioresource Policy, Business and Economics, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- 2003- M.S., Department of Business Economics and Management, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (MAICh), Greece.
- 2000-B.A., Business Administration, Bethlehem University, West Bank, Palestine
- Currently: Associate Professor at the College of Administrative Sciences and Informatics, Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
- 2018 -2020: Director of Research at Palestine Economic Policy Research Institute-MAS. http://www.mas.ps/.
- 2009-May 2018: Assistant Professor at the College of Administrative Sciences and Informatics, Palestine Polytechnic University, Hebron, Palestine.
Impact Evaluation, Development Economics, Labor Economics, Conflict Economics, Regional and Urban Economics, and policy evaluation.
- Ibn Khaldun prize for best paper presented in 2018, Middle East Economic Association.
- Best paper award in labor economics theme at the ERF (Economic Research Forum) 23rd Annual Conference in Amman, Jordan, 2017.
- Canadian Agricultural Economics Society Outstanding PhD Thesis Award 2011.
Research Referee for:
Journal of Development Economic, Journal of Urban Economics, Public Finance Review, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Journal of Regional Sciences, Journal of Food Products Marketing, Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Urban Studies, and Social Science Research.
Refereed Journal Publications (Peer Review):
- The Effect of Witnessing House Raids and Arrests on Child Behavior: Evidence from Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Defense and Peace Economics (2022), with Sameh Hallaq, https://doi.org/10.1080/10242694.2022.2068298.
- The Effect of Public Sector on Private Jobs: Evidence from Palestine. Economic Systems, 45:2 (2021).
- How Educational Choices Respond to Large Labor Market Shocks: Evidence from a Natural Experiment. Labor Economics 66, with Ayhab F. Saad (2020)
- The Effect of Labor-Demand Shocks on Women’s Participation in the Labor Force: Evidence from Palestine. The Journal of Development Studies, with Marcelo Bargolo, Mohamad Hittawi, Iman Saadeh, and Arwa Abu Hashhash (2020).
- The impact of Syrian Refugees on Employment and Wages in Jordan. Journal of Development Economics, 139: 203-2016. With Caroline Kraftt and Jackline Wahba (2019).
- The economic response of rural areas to local supply shock: evidence from the Occupied West Bank, Middle East Development Journal, 10:1, 97-118 (2018).
- Smart Cities and Attracting Knowledge Workers: Which Cities Attract Highly Educated Workers Migrate the 21st Century?. Papers in Regional Science. 95: 819-841. With Michael Bitz and Mark Partridge (2016).
- Wage Differential and Economic Restrictions: Evidence from the Occupied PalestinianTerritories. The Economics of Peace and Security Journal. 10: 14-23. With Yousef Daoud, (2015).
- Geography and High-Tech Employment Growth in U.S. Counties. Journal of Economic Geography, 14(4): 683-72, with Mark D Partridge, Dan Rickman (2013).
- Economic Growth and Sprawl: Evidence from a Stochastic Growth Approach. Annals of Regional Science. 49: 589-617. With Mark D. Partridge, M. Rose Olfert (2011).
- New Economic Geography and U.S. Metropolitan Wage Inequality.” Journal of Economic Geography. 11: 865-895. With Mark D. Partridge, M. Rose Olfert (2010).
- Productivity and Sprawl: Evidence from U.S. Metropolitan Areas. Papers in Regional Science. 90: 551-472 With Mark D. Partridge, M. Rose Olfert (2010).
- The Elusive Inequality-Economic Growth Relationship: Are there Differences between Cities and the Countryside? Annals of Regional Science. 41: 41375-400. With Mark D. Partridge (2007).
- Jobs and Development Virtual Conference UNU-WIDER, September 2020.
- ERF 25rd Annual Conference, Kuwait, March 2019.
- UNU WIDER Development Conference-Public Economics for Development, July 2017, Mozambique, Maputo.
- 2017 PEP Annual Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, June 2017
- ERF 23rd Annual Conference, Amman-Jordan, March 2017.
- Migration in Turbulent World Conference, Doha, Qatar, November 2016.
- The Economics of Informality in the ERF Region. ERF, Cairo, August 31, 2014.
- The Economic Freedom Conference, Masqat, Oman, November 2013.
- The Economic Freedom Conference, Tunis Nov. 22/23, 2012.
- 57th North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, Denver, CO, U. S. November 10-13, 2010.
- 56th North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, San Francisco, U. S. November 19-21, 2009.
- 55th North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, New York, U. S. November 19-22, 2008.
- Canadian Economic Association (CEA) 42nd Annual Meeting, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada. June 6 – June 8, 2008.
- The Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES) Annual Meeting, Portland, Oregon, U.S. July 29 - August 1, 2007.
- Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES), Concordia University, Montreal, Québec, Canada, 26-28 May 2006.