Mohammed Aldasht, PhD
Dr. Aldasht is an Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering and is currently the Dean of Admission and Registration at Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU). He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Granada, Spain and joined the IT department at PPU as an Assistant Professor in 2004. In 2009 Aldasht served as the head of IT department and in 2010 he became the Dean of the College of Administrative Sciences and Informatics. In 2014 he was promoted to Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs at PPU where he served for two years ultimately landing him as the Dean of Admission and Registration at PPU in 2016.
His research interests are in the area of parallel computing and evolutionary algorithms with a focus on using evolutionary algorithms to successfully undertake complex problems like scheduling, classification and dynamic optimization.
Master Thesis Supervised:
- Ghadeer Hassouneh, “Using PSO and WSVM to Enhance Imbalanced Data Classification”, MSc in Informatics, 2019.
- Amal Abuzalata, “Academic Performance Prediction for Engineering Students using RBF-SVM Classification Model Case Study: PPU”, MSc in Informatics, 2019.
- Safa Ibrahim Adi, “Parallel Scatter Search Algorithm for Feature Selection in High Dimensional Datasets”, MSc in Informatics, 2017.
- Fatima I. Koumi, “Feature Selection for Large Datasets using Particle Swarm Optimization”, MSc in Informatics, 2016.
- Azeeza Zakaria Salameh, “Optimization of High Dimensional Data Visualization using Parallel Genetic Algorithm”, MSc in Informatics, 2016.
- Murad Alkubabji, “Genetic-based feature selection for classification in large datasets using one-class SVM”, MSc in Informatics, 2015.
- Wael Takrouri, “Parallelizing Computation of a Hybrid Algorithm of Nonlinear Model Predictive Control”, MSc in Informatics, 2014.
- Sami Salamin, “Multi-objective genetic algorithm optimization using CUDA”, MSc in Informatics, 2012.
- Ahmed Jabari, “Dynamic thread scheduling on heterogeneous Multicore Processors”, MSc in Informatics, PPU 2011.
- Safa Adi, Mohammed Aldasht, “Parallel Evolutionary Algorithms for Feature Selection in High Dimensional Datasets”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), Vol. 16, No. 3, (pp. 181-188), March 2018.
- M. Aldasht, “Particle Swarm Optimization for the Exploration of Distributed Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithms”, International Journal of Soft Computing, Volume 10 Issue 5, PP. 307-314, 2015.
- M. M. Aldasht, M. H. Saheb, I. Najjar, M. H. Tamimi, T. O. Takruri "University Course Scheduling Using Parallel Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, JATIT, Volume 22 Issue 2, December 31, 2010.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, "Computación Evolutiva y Procedimientos de distribución de carga en clusters de computadores" Monografías del Dpto. de Arquitectura y Tecnología de Computadores. Julio-2004. Dep. Legal: GR-1182-2004.
- Fatima Koumi, Mohammed Aldasht and Hashem Tamimi, “Efficient Feature Selection using Particle Swarm Optimization: A hybrid filters-wrapper Approach”, The 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS 2019) June 11-13, 2019 - Irbid –Jordan.
- Murad Alkubabji, Mohammed Aldasht and Safa Adi, “One class genetic-based feature selection for classification in large datasets”, the 3rd International Conference on Big Data, Cloud and Applications, BDCA’18, Kenitra, Morocco, April 4-5, 2018.
- Rihabb Salamen, Mohammed Aldasht, “A Survey on TCP Performance for Mobile and Wireless Networks”, 4th Palestinian International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (PICCIT), Hebron, Palestine, October 7-8, 2015.
- M. Aldasht, M. Alsaheb, S. Adi, M. Abu-qobita, "University Course Scheduling Using Evolutionary Algorithms", Fourth International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology, IARIA, Cannes, Frances, 23-28 August, 2009.
- M. Aldasht, J.Ortega, C.G.Puntonet, "Dynamic Load Balancing in Heterogeneous Clusters". The 2nd Palestinian International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (PICCIT), Hebron, Palestine, September, 2007.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, A. F. Diaz, "Exploración Evolutiva del Equilibrado de Carga Dinámico y Distribuido". Jornadas de Paralelismo, Universidad de Granada, Granada, 2005.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, A. F. Díaz, ”A Genetic Exploration of Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithms”. IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Portland, Oregon, 2004.
- J. M. Górriz, C. G. Puntonet, M. Salmerón, J. Ortega, M. Aldasht: "Time series forecasting based on parallel neural network", EIS-2004, 29-febrero al 2 de Marzo, Madeira-Portugal. 2004. (IEEE).
- J. M. Górriz, C. G. Puntonet, M. Aldasht, M. Salmerón, M. Damas: “Neural AR Prediction model using exogenous series implemented in PVM”. Jornadas de Paralelismo, Leganés, Madrid, 2003. ISBN: 84-89315-34-5.