Dr. Mohammed Aldasht
Dr. Aldasht is an Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering and is currently the Dean of Admission and Registration at Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU). He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Granada, Spain and joined the IT department at PPU as an Assistant Professor in 2004. In 2009 Aldasht served as the head of IT department and in 2010 he became the Dean of the College of Administrative Sciences and Informatics. In 2014 he was promoted to Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs at PPU where he served for two years ultimately landing him as the Dean of Admission and Registration at PPU in 2016.
Dr. Aldasht research interests are in the area of high performance computing and evolutionary algorithms with a focus on networking, interoperability, evolutionary algorithms intelligent retrieval of data, performance modelling and optimization. He also has experience in successfully undertaking complex problems like scheduling, classification, prediction and dynamic optimization in high performance computing.
Master Thesis Supervised:
- Ahmed Jabari, “Dynamic thread scheduling on heterogeneous Multicore Processors”, MSc in Informatics, PPU 2011.
- Sami Salamin, “Multi-objective genetic algorithm optimization using CUDA”, MSc in Informatics, 2012.
- Wael Takrouri, “Parallelizing Computation of a Hybrid Algorithm of Nonlinear Model Predictive Control”, MSc in Informatics, 2014
- Murad Alkubabji, “Genetic-based feature selection for classification in large datasets using one-class SVM”, MSc in Informatics, 2015.
- Azeeza Zakaria Salameh, “Optimization of High Dimensional Data Visualization using Parallel Genetic Algorithm”, MSc in Informatics, 2016.
- Fatima I. Koumi, “Feature Selection for Large Datasets using Particle Swarm Optimization”, MSc in Informatics, 2016.
- M. Aldasht, “Particle Swarm Optimization for the Exploration of Distributed Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithms”, International Journal of Soft Computing, Volume 10 Issue 5, PP. 307-314, 2015.
- M. M. Aldasht, M. H. Saheb, I. Najjar, M. H. Tamimi, T. O. Takruri "University Course Scheduling Using Parallel Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithms", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, JATIT, Volume 22 Issue 2, December 31, 2010.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, "Computación Evolutiva y Procedimientos de distribución de carga en clusters de computadores" Monografías del Dpto. de Arquitectura y Tecnología de Computadores. Julio-2004. Dep. Legal: GR-1182-2004.
- Rihabb Salamen, Mohammed Aldasht, A Survey on TCP Performance for Mobile and Wireless Networks, The 4th Palestinian International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (PICCIT), Hebron, Palestine, October 7-8, 2015.
- M. Aldasht, M. Alsaheb, S. Adi, M. Abu-qobita, "University Course Scheduling Using Evolutionary Algorithms", Fourth International Multi-Conference on Computing in the Global Information Technology, IARIA, Cannes, Frances, 23-28 August, 2009.
- M. Aldasht, J.Ortega, C.G.Puntonet, "Dynamic Load Balancing in Heterogeneous Clusters". The 2nd Palestinian International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (PICCIT), Hebron, Palestine, September, 2007.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, A. F. Diaz, "Exploración Evolutiva del Equilibrado de Carga Dinámico y Distribuido". Jornadas de Paralelismo, Universidad de Granada, Granada, 2005.
- M. Aldasht, J. Ortega, C. G. Puntonet, A. F. Díaz, ”A Genetic Exploration of Dynamic Load Balancing Algorithms”. IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Portland, Oregon, 2004.
- J. M. Górriz, C. G. Puntonet, M. Salmerón, J. Ortega, M. Aldasht: "Time series forecasting based on parallel neural network", EIS-2004, 29-febrero al 2 de Marzo, Madeira-Portugal. 2004. (IEEE)
- J. M. Górriz, C. G. Puntonet, M. Aldasht, M. Salmerón, M. Damas: “Neural AR Prediction model using exogenous series implemented in parallel programming languages”. Jornadas de Paralelismo, Leganés, Madrid, 2003. ISBN: 84-89315-34-5.